Lemonade Anyone?

Summer is the perfect time to make some homemade lemonade.  There’s not much better than a nice glass of fresh lemonade on a hot day.  Unfortunately, I don’t make homemade lemonade.

Ella is a determined child.  She tried to make her own.  Of course, at two she’s not allowed to do any actual cooking or mixing of ingredients, so she improvised by just using the main ingredient I had left unattended on the counter.

That's a lemon in her mouth

Ella learned an important lesson.  When life hands you lemons, unless it also hands you some sugar, your lemonade won’t be very good.

9 Responses to “Lemonade Anyone?”

1. Elizabeth says:

That is too funny! My son Daniel will eat lemons and he actually LOVES them! I think it’s a little strange, he even will eat the rind! Your little Emma is too cute! Thanks for sharing!

2. Julia says:

Oh my goodness.. her face is priceless!! Too cute.. hehe

3. Melanie says:

Oh wow, that face is just priceless! She is lucky it was a lemon, not so long ago my two year old decided a jalapeno while mommy was doing the dishes would be fun. And it wasn’t, believe you me!

This could have posted without wording at all, the two pictures speak for the whole post!

4. Teresa says:

Cutest little one…great picuteres

Hope you will stop by and visit.. I have a surprise giveaway that I will draw for on Sunday night.

5. AZLB
    Twitter: azlb

Too cute….my daughter learned how to squeeze lemons in her Montessori classroom and was so happy with her work she decided she would drink the whole glass. Once she started was too proud not to finish.

6. Alyna @ Better Your Blog
    Twitter: BetterYourBlog

LOL! She is keeping you busy!!! Haircuts, lemons…better watch that she doesn’t try a jalapeño next. :-) If only she had eaten a Miracle Fruit Tablet prior to eating the lemon…it would have tasted as sweet as lemonade!

The only way I can eat a rind is if it is with those delicious olives with lemons that Whole Foods sells. They are soaked in some garlic deliciousness that just…well, let’s just say I could eat a lot of those containers!

Hope you had a great weekend!
    ~ Alyna