I’d like to thank the Academy…

Well, actually, I’d like to thank Lynn over at Lost and Holding Hands for awarding me the One Lovely Blog Award.  It’s so nice to be appreciated, and since I have three small children, it doesn’t happen at home.  So, thank you!  If you haven’t already, head over to check Lynn’s blog out!  She has the cutest little Munchkin ever!  And she loves cheese.  A woman after my own heart.  :)

There are some rules to this award.  1.  Thank the person who gave it to you.  2. Tell 7 things about yourself that people may not know.  3. Pass it on.

So, seven things you don’t know about me.

1.  I like to start crafty projects and not finish them.  Currently I have about 2 feet of a knitted afghan, 3 quarter of the way finished cross stitch Christmas stockings, and a barely started felt Advent calendar sitting in my closet.  They’ve all been there at least 2 years.

2.  I hate driving.  Especially in L.A.  People are crazy.

3.  I am a published writer.  I wrote a really bad article about environmental  flea control for the local free newspaper and they published it.  Did I mention it was a free paper?  Don’t bother trying to google it, they don’t have a website.

4.  I was a small animal veterinarian before becoming a SAHM.  (Some of you may already know this about me, but I thought it was worth repeating considering #3.  Throwing letters after your name helps get things published.  I earned it, and I’m going to use it. ;))

5.   I have one sister and she sometimes reads this blog. (Hi!)

6.  My little toenails are really tiny, almost non-existent.  I passed that on to my kids.

7.  I broke my arm falling off a step stool when I was a little under two.

There you go.  More than you ever wanted to know.

Now, I’m going to pass this on to the following blogs I’ve recently found.  Head over and check them out!

Anchor’s Away, The Momma Nerd, and Maritime Mom Blog

14 Responses to “I’d like to thank the Academy…”

1. Kerry
    Twitter: thebutlerway

congrats on the award! I also possess very small toenails. My kids have good toenails for painting. Only one cares. The boy isn’t so hot on pedicures.

oh, I LOVE cheese too. I have thought about veganism. The only thing I could not live without…cheese.

The toenails are one of the few things my kids clearly inherited from me. So funny about the cheese! It is the biggest factor in me not going vegan also. :)

2. liz
    Twitter: bellebeandog

what animals could you take care of being a “small animal” vet?

I worked on dogs and cats mostly. Early in my career I did exotics (rabbits, rodents, birds, reptiles) but I stopped after a few years. Legally, I can work on any animal, but you wouldn’t want me near a cow and I don’t do horses. :)

3. Casey
    Twitter: MaritimeMom

Thank you, thank you, thank you for passing it on to me! I am working on my post as we speak!

4. Leslie
    Twitter: crunchybetty

My baby toenails are teensy too! I can’t even paint them, they’re so small. It’s like putting a miniscule dot on a chunk of flesh. (Attractive.)

I love having things in common with you. Sigh.

5. Mama Hen says:

Congratulations! You deserve this award! I sometimes start craft projects and don’t finish. I buy all the stuff and then it does not always get used. Have a great night!

Mama Hen

6. Mandi
    Twitter: MrsMandiM

Oh my gosh your blog is the cutest I’ve ever seen!!! I love it!!!!
    Hey I would be proud even if it was a free paper! They could’ve chosen to ignore you!
    I’m sorry it took me so long to visit you back from TRDC. It’s been crazy here the last few days! But I’m so glad I’m here! Did I mention you have the cutest blog ever?!

7. Leteia says:

Thank you for passing the award to me!! It feels good to be noticed!