My Children are Driving Me Crazy

I am starting to lose my mind.  My children are crazy.  CRAZY!  They are driving me insane right now.

Sammy is too energetic.  She does not stop moving, ever.  Not ever.  She runs all over the place, at meal times she can’t sit still so she’s constantly sliding on and off her chair.  Even when she sits on the toilet she twitches her legs.  Plus, she’s loud.  She talks loud, she walks loud, and she whistles.  All the time.  But she doesn’t know how to whistle so she just makes this high pitched woo, woo, woo noise.  I’ll be in the kitchen, feeding the other two when Sammy dashes off (because she can’t sit still) and then I’ll hear, woo woo, woo.  Then woo, woo, woo.  Then again, woo, woo, woo.  Finally I’ll tell her to stop because she’s giving me a headache.  That’s when she’ll tell me to come wipe her butt because she went potty.  Yes, she whistles for me.  I keep forgetting that she’s whistling and not just making an annoying noise for no reason.  Since she doesn’t nap anymore (why, oh, why was nap time taken away from me?), she starts moving and making noise at 7 am and doesn’t stop until 8 pm.  It’s exhausting.

Ella is two.  Enough said.  (But I’m going to say more.  Screw you Write Tight guy.)  She’s crazy.  She throws temper tantrums over everything.  Then, she’s laughing maniacally at her own jokes that no one gets.  Heaven forbid Sammy laughs at one of them, because then she just keeps saying it over and over again.  It takes 30 minutes to get her down for her nap or bedtime.  Thirty minutes of her calling me back in for water, for more water even though her cup is full, to sing a song, tell a story, and generally fight about it.  I know, you say, just ignore her.  Problem being if I ignore her she wakes up Penny.  Then I have a screaming toddler and a crying baby.  When I go in and say, no, she says, “But, yeah.”  I hate that.

Penny is also crazy.  She is 7 1/2 months old and 20 pounds, yet she insists on getting up 3-4 times a night (between 11 pm and 6 am) to eat.  Don’t tell me you can’t make it through the night.  That’s a bunch of malarky. I have two older kids, I know you can do it.  (Please, for Mommy?)  I just want to sleep for 6 hours straight.  And, she puts everything in her mouth.  I know she’s a baby and they do that, but there are two young children in the house.  They drop a lot of crap on the floor.  She has had Goldfish crackers already because of that.  Plus, a whole lot of dirt and grass.

So if you see me around and my hair is looking a little funky, it’s because I’ve been pulling it out in clumps.  Arghh!

header 150x150

22 Responses to “My Children are Driving Me Crazy”

1. AZLB
    Twitter: azlb

sounds like you need a night to yourself!

2. Nancy C
    Twitter: AwayWeGoNancy

I’ve so had those days. Perhaps that will be the new hairstyle…the ripped out in clumps looks. We’ll call it “The Jessica.”

Hang in there.

3. liz
    Twitter: bellebeandog

Babies who wake that frequently is the worst kind of malarky out there!

Thanks for joining in!

4. jaded16 says:

I’m sorry :( Maybe take a day off?

*hugs if you want them*

5. Kerry
    Twitter: thebutlerway

I know what it’s like to have kid in constant motion. Sleeping is the only time he is still. And he isn’t very good at that either. lol

As my daughter gets ready to enter her senior year in HS, I realize how quick all of this goes. It does. At terrifying speed.

I won’t say it will get easier as it will be different and bad and good and just plain awesome.

6. Jessica Anne says:

The constant motion is just exhausting. I can definitely see how it going quick, but some days it feels like time is standing still.

7. Aging Mommy says:

I can’t really imagine having three such young daughters all on the go. One can be challenging, especially as she has also decided not to nap and gets up at 5:30am most mornings! But three, well, my hair would definitely never be getting washed so pulling it out would be the kinder thing to do for it perhaps :-)

8. Mama Hen says:

Sounds like you need a day at the spa! Hang in there my friend! :)

Mama Hen

9. joann mannix says:

What a super cute website! I love your new little lady, here in the comment section.

Listen, I’ve got news for you. It gets easier, but it doesn’t. My girls are 19, 15, (about to be 16) and 12. Before you know it, you’ll be getting uninterrupted sleep. They will wipe their butts themselves. They will get their own water and go to bed without your help.

On the flipside, the talking? It. Never. Ends. NEVER. They talk from the minute they wake up to the minute they go to bed. About every detail of the dream they had the night before. About Justin Bieber and those vampire dudes. About their feelings and who has hurt their feelings at that very second. Your life will be one big chatroom so get ready. And also, girls are equipped with a natural sass o meter, so be warned.

LOL. Justin Bieber, I hope he’s gone before my girls are that age, but I know there’ll be another. The chatting is just so tiresome. Maybe if I get more sleep, it will be less annoying because I’ll be in a better mood. Here’s hoping. Thanks for stopping by.

10. Claudia says:

ha – ha – reminded me of my three children when they were small….smiles

11. Anisha
    Twitter: momof4gyrlz

If only kids knew how worn out we get!! i have 4 girls, a chatterbox, a whiner, a fighter, and one that won’t get off my boob @ a year and a half!!!! Ughhh…..Everyone always say, “your gonna miss these days when their older”!! I’m sure I will, but at this moment, I won’t them to shut up!!!! LOL! they are precious though. http://www.happychaoticfamily.com

12. Betsy says:

Oh, I have no words, only that I hope it gets better for you!

13. Cristy
    Twitter: twinsnsingles

Hi Jessica Anne,

I googled “My kids’ noise is driving me crazy” and I found your blog! Sorry it’s been so tough. I have made it through toddlerhood, but now I have bored 6, 6 and 8 yo boys (and a complaining 10yo girl)…well, at leaat today I do.

My kids typically TRASH my house when they’re indoors. I try to clean up at least the family mess (dishes, laundry) and get them to clean up their own mess, but in the meantime, they’re wrestling, using potty talk and are SO SO LOUD! It totally stresses me out and paralyzes me.

Thanks for being there! Hope we can support each other! Mine go to school at least so I really feel for you. Although, the agita (stomach PAIN) comes back when the school bus comes at the end of the day…