Exhausted

You may have noticed I’ve not been posting as much lately.  Sorry if you’re missing me, but I’m exhausted.  Really, really exhausted.  Really.

Penny is still getting up every 2 hours at night (stupid Disney vacation and teething).  We’re going on another trip for Labor Day, so I’m not going to force the issue until after that. Sammy is not napping at all, so I’ve basically getting 3-4 two hour naps at night.   I actually haven’t slept through the night since becoming pregnant with Penny.  I don’t sleep well for one reason or another when I’m pregnant.  That’s 18 months of not sleeping well.

Plus I’m still breastfeeding.  Every two hours. All day long every day.  In September, I will have been either pregnant or breastfeeding for five years straight.  There was six weeks between weaning Sam and getting pregnant with Ella, but I was both pregnant with Penny and breastfeeding Ella simultaneously for 4 months, so I think it evens out.  Now, all three girls were planned and wanted, and I’m fortunate to be able to get pregnant easily, I know.  However, my body is just worn out and tired now.

It’s making itself known.  So I’m trying to take care of it right now by spending some time trying to get back in shape, eating right (mostly), and now, sleeping.  When the kids go to bed, I go to bed.

It doesn’t leave much time for blogging.  So, I apologize if I haven’t been keeping up with things like I should. After Labor Day, Sammy will be going to school 5 mornings a week and Ella will be going 2 mornings a week (thank goodness, we need a little time apart).  Hopefully, then, I’ll be able to catch up a little and feel more rested.  Until then, things may be a little sporadic around here.

13 Responses to “Exhausted”

1. jaded16 says:

Aw. Rest well. It does seem like you’re tired. Take care!

I hear you! I’m not nursing anymore but I remember the tired well. Take care of yourself. Burning out is no fun, I know this from experience.

3. AZLB
    Twitter: azlb

Got to get your sleep when you can! Taking care of yourself is the most important thing..but something us moms already forget to do.

4. MultipleMum says:

We lead parallel lives you and I. I just weaned my twins after clocking up an astonishing 6 years and 2 months either pregnant or breastfeeding. Needless to say I cracked open a bottle of red!

5. Debbi says:

Oh dear. I can feel your exhaustion. It’s oozing out of my computer. I’m glad you’ve recognized it and are taking care of yourself. Speaking of that..I must go to bed.

6. Casey
    Twitter: MaritimeMom

Wow, Jessica Anne! Hang in there and I hope you get that much needed rest. Elise is also sleeping in “naps” at night, and breastfeeding a lot during the day. I too am looking forward to Mackenzie heading to pre-school 3 mornings a week (yes, there is both guilt and relief there). Thinking of you, sister!

Thanks so much! Preschool for Ella is going to be what we both need, I think. She needs a little time to grow more without me around. Hopefully, Penny will settle into a good schedule soon. Hope you’re getting some rest too.

7. Aging Mommy says:

I’m sorry you were having a tough time, five years of being pregnant and BF is enough to weaken the hardest of souls and I had enough problems just dealing with one baby. Hang in there. I hope school and preschool starting up will help and that you can get some much needed rest.