Let the Name Calling Begin

The girls have begun a new level of fighting.  They are using their words.    Name calling is not something I condone.  It’s mean.  There are more appropriate ways to deal with anger and frustration.  I don’t want them to go to school and call the other kids names.  It’s just not nice.  I’m firm on my belief.  No name calling.

There is just one problem.  I’m having a hard time not laughing.  When I hear Sammy yell at the top of her head,

“”You’re a baby!”  followed by,

“I no baby!  Penny baby!  I Ella!”

I have to smile.  It’s funny.

Then, when it’s accompanied by huffing and puffing and arm crossing and feet stomping, it’s just hilarious.  They’re like mini-divas.   It usually ends with a door slamming and I can barely control myself.  Four and two and already slamming doors.  Fourteen and twelve isn’t going to be pretty.  I hope baby is the worst insult I hear them fling at each other.

14 Responses to “Let the Name Calling Begin”

1. jaded16 says:

Yup name calling is just offensive. However, I do like my swear words (the non-derogatory ones). On that note, count your blessings that I will never babysit your kids. My niece has started saying, “Oh for shit’s sake” for about everything :D

2. liz
    Twitter: bellebeandog

this could not be more timely! just yesterday kate was yelling that maddie is “rude” and then declared, “i don’t like RUDE BABIES!!” Ha!

3. AZLB
    Twitter: azlb

right there with you..door slamming at 4. We are in for it when the teen years hit.

4. Aging Mommy says:

We haven’t got to name calling yet, no sibling to feed off is the reason why I think! I just wish I could do something about the “NO!” that is the shouted response to most requests and the accompanying huffing and puffing and pouty face.

5. Leslie @ crunchybetty
    Twitter: crunchybetty

Haha. This story is (sadly) hilarious.

I can totally picture it, and it’s … adorable. How on earth do you NOT crack up completely?

Next time: Video.

6. Liza The Outspoken Mom
    Twitter: mamaschwab

Oh, I feel you! I have a boy and 3 girls and the girls fight way more and much dirtier than my son could ever imagine to.

Last night was the funniest one in a while, my husband and I struggled to hold it together. We hear our middle daughter say, “She is hurting me!” Me, “What is she doing to you?” Middle daughter, “She is using my head as a staircase!”

How do you as a parent respond to that? ‘Don’t use your sister’s head as a staircase?’ Well, that is what I said and even they started laughing!

-Liza

We have the same problem, not laughing.

It’s so hard not to laugh. It’s just so funny. I think I’ll have to start pinching myself or something painful so I don’t encourage the behavior.