11 Responses to “Shacking Up”

1. Ratz says:

I have been sharing my room with my sis ever since i know. In fact, i shared my crib with her as well. So, now it only seems natural for me to think of my future kids in one room, it is more fun i believe

2. Kristy @PampersandPinot
    Twitter: PampersandPinot

I love it. I think that is great. It is one of the things that I don’t like about having an only child – him being on his own at night. I remember being so grateful to be able to sleep in the same room with my brother growing up. We had bunk beds. It’s why I cave so easy when the little guy wants to sleep with me in the middle of the night. I don’t have any tips for ya, but I think what you’re doing is great! How fun.

Thanks! It’s nice to hear that you liked sharing a room. I didn’t, but I think it would have been fun. And I’m all for caving when they want to sleep with you. :)

3. Moomser
    Twitter: moomser

My two started sleeping much better when I put them in the same room… I imagine they’re not as lonely and neither is wondering if the other is up. The Boy takes longer to fall asleep but that never seemed to phase the Girl who was a much lighter sleeper when she slept in her own room. For me it’s been a totally positive experience. No advice though on having three in a room as I’m not there (yet, I hope…).
    I’m sure it’ll be great once they all adjust!!

The older two definitely slept better when they went in together. Penny slept all the way through the night last night. She’s been in our room every night for the last three weeks, so I think she’s going to like sharing a room.

That was my first question- Why are you freeing up the crib room? But a playroom is a good reason. When we first moved the girls together it was to give them a playroom. It didn’t work out that time. We tried again about a year later b/c Ken needed an office. It’s going better than I thought it ever could. Still not helping Laila sleep better at night though.

5. Amanda says:

I think I may put all three of my girls in the same room eventually. There isn’t enough space to fit the crib in the room with my older two (who already share), so I will have to wait until my youngest is old enough to sleep in a toddler bed. I’ve already figured out how I could fit these three beds in their room. I’m interested in seeing how this works out for you! I have a feeling there’s plenty that I can learn.

So far it’s going really well. The youngest is sleeping better and the older two haven’t had their sleep disrupted. Once I get the other crib out of the toy room and reclaim some grown up space, I think it will be even better. :)

Trackbacks

1. […] weeks ago I wrote about the kids sharing a room permanently. We moved them in together in order to make Penelope’s room a play room. […]