My Kids are The Messiest

Today I’m linking at Four Plus an Angel for the My Kids Are the Messiest meme.

Three kids means there’s a lot of messes around here.   There was the chocolate pudding incident, one of my first posts and one of the reasons I started blogging. Unfortunately, there were no pictures of that one.  I was too busy yelling to take pictures.  Fortunately, the girls have graced me with many messes and I’ve managed to get pictures of some of them.  They’re all equally guilty, so I’m going to rat them all out here.

First up we have Samantha and Ella and the paint.  This happened when Penny was a little baby and nursing regularly.  I got the girls ready to paint and the baby wanted to eat.

I left the room.  I know, big mistake, but in my defense it only took 3-5 minutes to feed Penny. At least I learned washable paint does not wash out of clothes and had them paint only in their undies.  This is what happened in 3-5 minutes.

Samantha

Ella's upper body

Ella's Lower Body

I think you can see the kitchen table and my no longer white kitchen curtains in that one.

Heading to the tub

Most of the messes in this house can be attributed to those two hooligans taking advantage of time I need to change Penny’s diaper or feed her or for some reason leave them unsupervised for more than thirty seconds.

Penny is starting to get into the act now.  In fact, she so graciously provided me with a mess just in time for this post. I don’t know what I was doing (fine, I was on Twitter), and I heard noise coming from my bathroom.  I walked in to see my almost new 1 lb bag of cosmetic clay opened on the floor. It’s a really good quality, fine cosmetic clay.

The floor had really nice pores after this

I looked in the hallway outside the bathroom and saw this:

toddler sized clay footprints

Which led to this:

One clay covered toddler

Of course, this has solidified my view that Penny is my evil genius child.  Do you know what happens when you add water to dry cosmetic clay?  Yeah, a bigger mess.

So now you know how I spend most of my day, running around cleaning up messes.

17 Responses to “My Kids are The Messiest”

I’m giggling. Messes at your house are funnier than messes at my house.

2. Jessica says:

Oh my gosh this is great (but only because it is not my house). This is my kids exactly, the second I leave them for a moment they are into epic disasters and NO art project is ever without a mess. So glad you linked up, still laughing about your bathroom floor’s pores.

3. Jessica Anne says:

I dread when they ask me to do art projects. I try to avoid them. That floor, such a mess to clean up. :) Love the meme!

4. Natalie @ Mama Track
    Twitter: MamaTrack

Those pictures are awesome! and they are indeed messy. Good luck!

5. Evonne
    Twitter: _MamaJules_

They are adorable, even messy. I can’t even imagine trying to clean up clay.

6. Lorrie No
    Twitter: Moogirl

I really enjoyed this post – WOW! Although I don’t look forward to this at all.

7. Jen @ Lita's world
    Twitter: litasworld

OMG wow, yes, I do think you have quite the mess makers there!!! My house does feel like a whirlwind goes through it whenever the monkeys (grandsons) come to visit, but fortunately they make most of their gooey messes outside…at least at my house!!!

8. Stephanie
    Twitter: supermomboots

Wow! Your girls do a very good job. I’d say they have a career in art ahead of them though :)

9. Jen
    Twitter: buriedwithkids

When my triplets were newborns and I was busy with them, my 2 year old got into all sorts of messy trouble. He too, painted our bathroom with chocolate pudding.

Kids.

This was one of my favorite ‘messy kid’ posts from Jessica’s place. :)

10. Natalie says:

Ugh! I just keep thinking of the clean up ;)