We have a crazy weekend coming up.
- Today they start our kitchen redo
- I spent 5+ hours yesterday clearing out all the cabinets and cramming my kitchen into the dining room
- I went to my first Bar Method class yesterday and I am both old and will be unable to move this weekend
- The remodel crew is working Saturday and Sunday
- Sammy has her Chinese “performance” Saturday
- Sunday is Sammy’s birthday party (her birthday is Wednesday)
- Monday they come to measure for the kitchen counters
- I will have 3 weeks with no counters, stove, oven, or kitchen sink
On top of all of that, our babies arrived on Tuesday! Dropped off on our front porch without so much as a doorbell ring or knock by the USPS, despite me being assured by our branch manager that they would of course not just drop off chicks. They call and they handle chicks all the time. Good thing we were home and chicks peep loudly.
They are so cute! They were hatched on Sunday and they seem to be doing well. They seem to be adjusting well and are bonded. They follow each other around their little brooder and cheep loudly if separated from their sisters.
The girls are, of course, in love. Fortunately for the chicks they live in the garage and the girls can’t get into it by themselves.
So, here are the girls.
We are loving the chickens. They’re making this crazy week a little nicer.
What plans do you have this weekend? Whose your favorite chick?