It’s that time again, back to school. With new teachers, new friends, new clothes, and more stuff, it’s a great time to get organized, and a great way to get organized is with Space Bags!
I use Space Bags to organize and store my girl’s old clothes until they’re ready to be handed down or passed along. They save so much space and keep the clothes really fresh. Plus, I have to admit, I love the vacuum part, watching the bag shrink down is kind of fun. :) But Space Bags are great for back to school too, especially if you’re moving kids into a cramped little dorm room. Check out these space saving tips from Space Bags:
- Re-evaluate belongings before packing up. Don’t bother moving items that won’t be used during your college stay. If a clothing item hasn’t been worn in the past six months, leave it at home or donate it. Bring as little as possible to keep your dorm room or apartment clutter-free.
- Fit more in less boxes. Extra pillows, sheets, comforters, towels and clothes require a lot of boxes when moving. Use Space Bag Dual-Use Bags to condense these bulky items. Once moved in, these bags can be filled with other items and compressed by hand and used to help save space in the dorm room. Bonus: Dual-Use Bags don’t require a vacuum to compress – just roll with your hands!
- Ditch the duplicates. If possible, contact your roommate ahead of move-in. Create a list of items that can be shared and designate who brings what. By consolidating items like televisions, printers and cleaning supplies, you can free up a lot of space.
- Considering lofting. Let’s face it, dorm rooms are tiny. If the dormitory allows it, think about putting your bed on risers or getting it as high off the floor as possible. This creates a lot more floor and storage space.
- Closet conundrum. How to fit everything in a dorm closet is a mystery. Most students visit home for Thanksgiving and this provides a great opportunity to swap summer clothes for winter wardrobe staples. If you don’t have the option of visiting home, condense out-of-season clothing in a Space Bag Hanging Bag to make the most of closet space.
For additional help on how to make the most of small-space living, visit Space Bag’s online community, Space Savers. Peruse dozens of articles, blog posts and quick tips to solve storage dilemmas, cut clutter and get organized. Space Savers community members currently get 20 percent off a set of must-have organizing solutions, including three Extra-Large Space Bag High Capacity Cubes, three Medium Space Bag Dual-Use Bags and three Large Space Bag Dual-Use Bags.
I love my Space Bags, and I bet you will too. You can head over to Space Bags and get a couple for yourself or, even better, win a couple right here! Yay! Giveaway! Just use the Rafflecopter entry form below and one winner will win two medium Space Bag Dual-Use Bags and two large SpaceBag Dual-Use Bags! Open to U.S. residents only. Contest ends August 31, 2012.
*Disclosure: The lovely people at Space Bags are providing the prizes for this giveaway. All opinions are mine and honest as always.